It is hard to imagine a modern world where there is no such important service as emergency medical care. Every day its employees save hundreds of thousands of human lives.
Emergency ambulance is not only providing medical care at home or at the scene of an accident. Sometimes, patients who are in a medical facility that does not handle emergency cases (private clinic, dental office, TB dispensary, etc.) may need them.
The main characteristics of emergency medical care:
- fail-safe operation,
- Most of the brigades provide services under the LSD program,
- Efficiency (examination, diagnosis and therapy are carried out in the shortest possible time).
The emergency ambulance performs certain functions:
- Provision of emergency medical care to patients and victims is carried out around the clock, including weekends and holidays.
- Transportation of patients and victims to a round-the-clock hospital in the presence of certain indications.
- Patients who have contacted specialists directly in the building of the station, should also be examined by an ambulance doctor.
City emergency: basic forms
City ambulance – a special type of emergency assistance to residents of cities. It is represented by various forms that ensure the continuity of all stages of this process.
The city ambulance combines the following forms:
- Emergency medical aid station,
- Emergency department in hospitals,
- Emergency Hospital,
- Department of Emergency Medical Care.
All 4 forms are present only in large cities. In their work, the staff focuses on certain standards of emergency care, approved by law, but in case of various emergency situations they act improvised, but primarily in the interests of patients.
Emergency station is the most important medical facility that provides emergency care to sick people both inside and outside the building (at home or on the scene). Depending on the size of the station, it has different departments, and the staff can also be diverse.
It is usually headed by a chief physician, who has deputies who supervise specific industries. An ambulance station operates either on an ordinary or emergency basis, depending on certain circumstances.
Usually, the city ambulance has the following departments:
- Operative department. It provides direct emergency assistance to sick people, if there are indications, it delivers patients to the hospital. Compliance with the standards of medical care is an obligatory condition of doctors’ work.
- Department of hospitalization of acute and somatic patients. Employees transport patients from one medical institution to another, or for consultation with narrow specialists.
- Department of hospitalization of patients with acute gynecological pathology and women in labor.
- Infectious diseases department for hospitalization of patients with various infectious diseases.
- The department of medical statistics. Carries out statistical processing of the work of all departments that are part of the city ambulance station.
- The department of communication. Provides various technical aspects of emergency care (telephone). It is thanks to him, the ambulance call gets to the profile team as quickly as possible.
- Help desk. All certificates can only be issued upon request from law enforcement agencies or medical workers.
- Other structural units. These include the accounting department, personnel department, pharmacy, etc.